Instructions for submitting an abstract
Please note the following general information:
The abstracts of the oral presentations, poster presentations, workshops and discussion forums of the conference will be published in a conference volume. This will be published in paper form as a supplement of the Journal of Midwifery Science (Zeitschrift für Hebammenwissenschaft, ZHWi). At the same time, the conference proceedings will be permanently stored at German Medical Science (gms) with its individual contributions and made accessible on the internet (open access).
If you are non-German speaking, an English abstract will suffice. Only abstract submissions with complete information can be considered! All bibliographic information for author identification (including your qualification abbreviation and title) will be taken from this information. After acceptance of the abstract, we will ask you to sign an “author’s contract”. For abstracts that have been accepted for oral presentation, an additional speaker contract will be concluded. Please note that by accepting an abstract, you also commit to participate and pay the participation fee (see Author Contract). If the abstract for the 6th International Conference is not accepted, all submitted documents will be immediately and securely deleted.
Instructions for writing the abstract:
- Please submit an abstract in English (or in German and English if you want to present in German language).
- Please use a maximum of 3,500 characters per abstract including spaces.
- When writing the abstract, please follow the SQUIRE Guidelines criteria (see: SQUIRE Guidelines).
- Please specify how your study/work was financed: Research study/project financed by external funds, research study/project self-financed (input mask)
- Please indicate if the work was part of the study program, dissertation, master thesis, bachelor thesis, other (input mask)
- Please structure abstracts in German as follows: Hintergrund, Ziel/ Forschungsfrage, Methodik, Ergebnisse, Relevanz, Empfehlungen/Schlussfolgerung
- Please structure abstracts in English as follows: Background, Aim/Research Question, Methods, Results, Relevancy, Recommendations/Conclusion
- For information on ethical criteria and funding/sponsors, please provide sentences under the abstract.
- Please name a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5 keywords per abstract.
- Please formulate a short vita for each participating author (in English and optional also in German). Max. 750 characters per author including spaces. A maximum of 5 authors can be entered in the submission tool. If necessary, please send the short vitae of additional authors to the planning team in a separate file.
What you need to submit
For each author one "short vita" file (rtf, docx, odt)
One file for the abstract in English (rtf, docx, odt). Anonymised, without contact details, without references.
(If applicable) one file for the abstract in German (rtf, docx, odt). Anonymised, without contact details, without references.
One file for the conflict of interest (pdf).
Note: Please name all files as follows: Title word_Filename_Date
For the processing of data in the context of the 6th International Conference of the German Society for Midwifery Science (DGHWi), the data protection regulations based on the data protection regulations to be found on the homepage of the DGHWi (only in German). In the course of submitting an abstract to the 6th International Conference of the DGHWi, you agree to the regulations deposited there.
If you have any further questions regarding the submission, please do not hesitate to contact the planning team by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.